BENEFITING: Nittany Valley Society Inc.
EVENT DATE: Dec 02, 2014
As a startup nonprofit, The Nittany Valley Society has rapidly established itself as a part of the fabric of the Penn State and State College communities. Our accomplishments are listed in detail below, and represent both completed achievements and continuing commitments to the community.
Our #GivingTuesday Capital Campaign ensures our mission can be incarnated both now and in the future by providing for both our immediate 2014-2015 operating budget ($5,000), as well as by growing our Centre Foundation endowments ($7,000) which, in time, will enable us to be 100% financially sustainable. in other words, your gift ensures both immediate and enduring impact for the Nittany Valley. The Nittany Valley Society will also be matching every dollar contributed toward our endowments, meaning your contribution can result in double the impact.
#GivingTuesday is an American day of charity that takes place annually on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. In 2014, #GivingTuesday takes place on Dec. 2. Just as Black Friday and Cyber Monday symbolize our personal and commercial culture, #GivingTuesday represents our charitable culture. Learn more.
- Creation of Penn State history course and sustaining endowment.
- Creation of Nittany Valley Heritage Walk in parternship with Michael Pilato's Inspiration Mural, an in-progress campaign to create a remarkable space in Downtown State College while raising $1.5+ million to protect the Inspiration Mural, enable its continuing development, and support The Nittany Valley Society's programming and endowment.
- Creation of Nittany Valley Press and introduction of special collection of six books in hardcover, paperback, and Kindle, iBooks, and Nook formats.
- Introduction of The Willow Gathering as a new, annual, placemaking tradition bringing together remarkable people from across the community—students, townspeople, alumni, professors, businesspeople, trustees, and more.
- CBICC intern patnership and historical collection