The National Wildlife Humane Society is a nonprofit humane society dedicated to reducing suffering among captive and non-capitve wildlife through action, education and sanctuary. Our organization maintains a wildlife rescue sanctuary with over 20 years experience in handling specialized non-native wildlife needs.
NWHS advocates public awareness, and endeavors to bring information and commons sense to the forefront concerning our world's wildlife. Our mandate includes education and information resource sharing.
Our Core Beliefs are:
- We believe an animal's life has dignity and value
- We believe that an animal can suffer
- We believe any unnecessary suffering is unacceptable
- We believe that love is action, not attitude
We believe that suffering is sometimes an inescapable fact of life. Humans sometimes suffer, wildlife sometimes suffers, all in the realm of everyday natural existence. People lose loved ones, get sick, get injured. Wild animals suffer injury, suffer from natural predators, and are stricken with illness in the wild. However, NWHS believes that unnecessary suffering can be avoided, especially concerning wildlife. Our goal is to share our vision of a world where wildlife (and all animals) are respected as fellow life forms and receive the respect that is due them. Our plans are to distribute information and current news concerning wildlife to concerned human. We would also like to expand on our physical sanctuary facility to provide rescue, refuge and comfort to wildlife requiring homes.
- NWHS networks with sanctuaries, organizations and government agencies to assist in finding places for wildlife needing placement.
- Finding suitable places for them, if sanctuaries with space are available.
- If places are not available, then NWHS endeavors to make room for them at our own sanctuary.
- NWHS creates alliances with conservation organizations throughout the world, to assist and support field efforts in the wild.
- Through the internet, Cougar Hill Web and Wildlife Community Network provides information, education and discovery concerning wildlife and nature.
- Of extreme importance, enlightenment in the importance of life (all life) and our very precious Mother Earth.
Explore our website to learn more out our conservation efforts.