BENEFITING: Goal USA Fund
EVENT DATE: Nov 02, 2014
Hi Everyone, thanks for visiting my fundraising page.
I will be running the New York City Marathon in November 2014 and representing Team Goal USA. My aim is to raise at least $3,000, this will go towards the great work Goal are doing around the world, including countries like Syria, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Haiti.
Goals team work tirelessly in extremely difficult conditions to bring relief to some of the world’s most poverty stricken people. Please give generously, your support is greatly appreciated.
Here are some of the things that with your help can be purchased.
• $13: can provide school books for a high school student pupil.
• $28: can provide Family Emergency Hygiene Kit for use in humanitarian crises (e.g. Philippines, South Sudan, Syria).
• $45: can provide a child with one month of ready-to-use therapeutic food.
• $68: can provide a Fuel Efficient Stove to minimise domestic responsibilities, improve health through less smoke and decrease the amount of firewood, and time spent collecting it.
• $75: can help a displaced Haitian widow restart a small business with the retooling and training needed to revitalize incomes and local economies.
• $100: can provide a woman in Sudan with the training, tools, and capital to start a small bakery that will generate income for her family.
• $100: can provide a Personal Emergency Kit containing essential non-food items for use in humanitarian crises (e.g. Philippines, South Sudan, Syria).
• $137: can help build a Latrine (Ventilated Pit), for improved sanitation.
*All donations are tax deductible