NYC EHC wrote -
On July 9th a group of loyal counselors will be riding 200 arduous miles in 3 days from Times Square in New York City to The Land of Pleasant Living that is Echo Hill Camp (direct to the flag pole) in the hopes of raising funds to send inner city kids to camp for the unforgettable experience we all know and love – a summer at Echo Hill Camp
Why we’re doing it:
We believe that every kid should go to Echo Hill Camp. We’re making this possible by raising money to send kids to camp. The kids who benefit from this really have no other opportunity to attend something that could have such a fantastic impact on their lives without the assistance of your good selves, the people of Echo Hill’s past and future.
What we need:
Dollars. Pounds. Euros. Yen. Large checks. Precious heirlooms. Deeds to land. Gold. Anything of monetary value that can be turned into kids going to summer camp though we really prefer cold hard cash via our charity fundraising page, follow this link to get there:
Our aim is to get three kids to camp for 2 weeks so we’ve set the initial target at $6,000 but we’re pretty confident we can smash that.
100% of the funds raised are going to the charity directly, all riders are self-funding the event to ensure everything helps campers having more fun. To give you some ideas for a contribution:
- $5.95 sends a kid to camp for an hour. That’s an activity period on a hobie cat. That’s 60 minutes of a kid getting their hair blown back in the best place in the world.
- You want to get wild? $142.86 sends a kid for a day. To describe what you can actually do in a day at camp is mind-blowing. It’d take longer than a day to actually describe it.
- You wanna get real crazy? $1000 bucks will get a kid to camp for a week and there’s no one on the planet who could describe that level of fun.
So GO NUTS! Donate!
How to help:
You can donate to the event by following the below link to our charity page on crowdrise: https://www.crowdrise.com/nyctoehc/fundraiser/nyc2ehc
It’s also important to us that you spread the word, Camp has a long history and a vast network, we’re gonna try to hit as many of those people as possible but we need your help to do it. SO PLEASE SEND ON THE LINK TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE INVOLVED
If you want to get in touch, have queries, want to help in some other way or just want to throw insults at us please contact us through our event email: NYCtoEHC@gmail.com
Our dedicated team of organizers will be monitoring the account closely; they include but are certainly not limited to:
- Et Halstead – Former EHC counselor and organizer
- Dan Fuerst – Former EHC Counselor and organizer
- Annelieke Walbert – Current EHC Senior Staff member
- Peter Rice III – No one’s really sure
- Emily Porter – EHFC Board member
In short someone’s going to get back to you real quick.
Finally thanks for reading/donating/helping and for all your support, we’ll update you on how we’re doing as we go and our facebook page will shortly be up and running with further information.