With your help, we work for racial justice, immigration justice, anti-militarism, and fair trade. We strengthen the fabric of all our overlapping issues. By building community, we fight fascism.
We are able to do this work because of members and we'd love for you to become a member. Membership dues start at $15 a year.
If you give in the month of September, your donation will be doubled thanks to a generous matching donation we received!
Why do we need members?
· Members are the backbone of the organization. For 40 years, we have followed the lead of and simultaneously led our members to do great things.
· Members keep us accountable and build power. As a membership organization, we build stronger movements that can make change. Many state repression tactics rely on people being isolated. Defense against state repression requires strong relationships and collective thinking that we are able to develop at the Peace & Justice Center.
· Members sustain the organization financially. Without member dues, we wouldn't be able to pay rent, have a copy machine, pay staff, and share our infrastructure with activists around the state.
· We are 40 years old! Folks who were founding members are aging. We need more people, and younger people, to keep us afloat.
Together we are stronger. Together we can resist and rebuild. Please join us today. We currently have 650 members and have a goal to get 50 new ones.
What do members do?
It varies and there is no obligation to do anything that you don't want to do! Some simply contribute financially, Others show up for events and join us at actions. Some are volunteers. Every member is invited to our Annual Meeting to help set the agenda for the coming year and to elect the board of directors. Members get a discount in our store and other perks!
With our members, last year we:
· led almost 100 educational programs on fair trade, racial justice, and nonviolence; · worked in nine Vermont counties;
· collaborated with dozens of schools, colleges, faith-based organizations, other non-profits and activist groups; and
· shared our space with groups like Vermonters for Justice in Palestine, Loving Day Vermont, The Clemmons Family Farm, BLM Greater Burlington, Save Our Skies from F-35s, and more.
· Responded to emergent situations like the Stop Kavanaugh protests, the release of the Mueller Report, and the UVM Nurses’ Union strike
With your membership, we can do even more! Please become a member today and invite all your friends to do the same.
The Peace & Justice Center Board (Lam, Kahlia, Beverly, Aden, Chuck, Nathan, Jen, and David)
and Staff (Kina, Amy, Alex, Wendy, and Rachel)
PS Don’t forget, we only do what we do because of members! If you join, it really makes a difference. And if you join in September, your donation will be doubled! It is one step toward a better world.
PPS If you want more information on specific membership levels and benefits, see our website. https://www.pjcvt.org/become-a-member/