The Fifth Annual Steel City Cup is underway!
The Cup benefits Steel City Squash, an academic and athletic youth program that provides life-changing opportunities to under-served Pittsburgh youth who desire and deserve more through education, mentoring, community service, travel and the sport of squash. Some achievements from our first five years are:
- 45 Active Team Members (from 9 just four years ago)
- Facilitated over 1,000 hours of academic programming and 1,000 hours of squash and fitness training for each and every student
- Visited over 15 college campuses
- Provided over 500 hours of community service
- Traveled to 12 cities in five states and Canada
- Competed in over 25 squash tournaments and six academic contests
Plans are moving fast for the Fifth Annual Steel City Cup, to be held on Saturday, April 27th on the courts at The Pittsburgh Golf Club. This event engages some of Pittsburgh’s most prominent and generous citizens in a team challenge that includes squash and tennis matches as well as a fundraising challenge.
Steel City Squash is proud to have brought urban squash to Pittsburgh. We have been able to leverage our model and Pittsburgh’s civic engagement to make the Steel City Cup a fantastic success.
We are counting on your support to make the Fifth Annual Steel City Cup even bigger than ever. With your help we can continue to grow our impact in Pittsburgh and give our students the opportunities they desire and deserve.