I was in a search for a good charity to support for a very long time! Once I found out about "Save the Dogs" and their mission, I decided to create a fundraiser and become a part of it.
"Save the Dogs" is an ideal union that is politically and religiously unrelated. They work to help distressed dogs in Romania, where the situation of stray dogs is one of the worst in Europe!
Romania lacks of a local adoption culture, so this charity makes the INTERNATIONAL ADOPTIONS the sole salvation for thousands of doggies. It gives a second chance for many doggies to find a new loving home anywhere in Europe! This significantly increases chances of adoption.
Save the Dogs and other Animals’ main purpose is to fight the stray dogs phenomenon through an integrated approach that includes:
- The sterilization of stray and owned dogs
- The identification and registration of owned animals
- The national and international adoption of abandoned animals
- Education projects in primary schools
- Awareness campaigns that promote both a correct relationship between man and animals and responsible pet ownership
- Lobbying at national and international level, pushing for a legislation that protects pets at best and that controls by efficient and ethical means the canine/feline overpopulation.
- Centers and its mobile units, the association provides free medical care and veterinarian first aid, as well as guarantees a constant presence of its operators