Help raise funds and awareness for girls who are empowering themselves and their communities through running and education in Ethiopia by participating in Aaptiv's Global Running Day Pop-Up Run!
Every dollar donated by the Aaptiv team will go towards providing Athletic Scholarships for girls in Ethiopia.
Here's how to contribute to and be part of this movement celebrating and investing in strong girls:
REGISTER: Grab your coworkers and register for the Pop-Up Run by donating towards providing Athletic Scholarships for girls in Ethiopia.
RUN: Run with your coworkers on Wednesday, June 6th for Global Running Day and celebrate strong girls globally.
SHARE: Share photos of your squad running and use the hashtag #aaptiv4ggrf to participate in the Pop-Up Run and let us know why you #runforprogress.
ABOUT GGRF: GGRF invests in girls who use running and education to empower themselves and their communities. GGRF is the only non-profit organization in Ethiopia using the national sport of running as an innovative approach to creating safe spaces, ending child marriage and expanding access to secondary school for vulnerable girls.
ABOUT GGRF's Athletic Scholarship Program: The GGRF Athletic Scholarship is a 3 year program that provides girls with scholarships to attend school, to complete our extra curricular life skills, mentoring, leadership and entrepreneurial courses, and to participate on the GGRF running team.
Each Athletic Scholar receives the following:
• Full scholarship to attend secondary school, including healthcare for student and her mom, daily meals, uniform, books, tutoring, access to school clubs and library, showers and space to wash clothes on the weekend.
• Completion of the GGRF/Center for Creative Leadership Life Skills Curriculum developed to create safe spaces for girls and provide experiential learning modules on family planning, financial literacy, HIV/AIDS awareness, nutrition, healthy relationships, leadership, and creative expression.
• Running clothes, shoes and healthy snacks for the year
• Entrance and transportation to Ethiopian races throughout the year
• Oversight of a coach and running mentor
• Savings Group and Entrepeneurship training for the mothers of the Athletic Scholars