Did you know that:
- 1 in 5 adult Texans will experience a mental health concern at some point this year. (NAMI)
- Over 20% of children ages 9-17 have a diagnosed mental illness. (NAMI)
- Approximately 20% of rural residents aged 55 and older have a mental health issue (National Rural Health Association)
- Rural areas have the highest suicide rates (CDC)
In 2019, YWCA wants to make it easier for people who can’t access mental health services due to lack of transportation and provider availability, to get the help they need through our mobile counseling services.
Our goal is to make affordable and free culturally and linguistically appropriate trauma-informed mental health therapy available for individuals, children, families and groups throughout Central Texas.
Your support today will help families access much needed mental services within their communities:
Value of a Donation:
- $10 allows 1 individual to participate in 1 psychoeducational or group therapy session
- $30 allows 1 individual to participate in 1 individual counseling session
About YWCA Greater Austin: YWCA is on a mission to eliminate racism and empower women by promoting the health and safety of women and girls, their economic empowerment and advancement and racial justice and civil rights through counseling services, life skills classes for teens at-risk teens, case management and emergency childcare assistance and trainings for the community at large. We impact over 6500 people a year.