Serving Brown County, WI since 1958
Bay Area Humane Society provides protection, care and shelter for unwanted and homeless pets. Last year alone we saw over 5,000 animals come through our doors. This year is proving to be closer to 6,000, if not more!
Not only do we provide these animals with a second chance at finding their forever homes, we also provide low-cost vaccination clinics, low-cost spay & neuter services, and children's education programs. We are a private, nonprofit organization that is not affiliated with any other agency.
Bay Area Humane Society receives no government funding and is supported solely by contributions, grants, bequests, proceeds from our retail store, and the fees from services rendered.
Just a sampling of some of the other programs and services we provide:
· Safe Pet: Work with the Golden House & law enforcement during domestic disputes and will house an animal for up to 30 days while the family finds a safe place to go.
· Barn Buddies Program: This program is meant for under-socialized cats that may not do well in a home environment, but would rather live outdoors. They are sent to farm homes or large outdoor shelters, where shelter, food and care must be provided by the owner.
· TLC Foster Program: In the TLC Foster Program, foster families take in animals that need time, care, rehabilitation, and/or treatment before they can be available for adoption.
· Almost Home! Foster Program: The Almost Home! Canine Companions program places adoptable dogs that present poorly due to the stresses of the shelter environment with foster families who will care for and promote these foster dogs until they are adopted.
· Rainbow Path Hospice Program: In the Hospice program, foster families take in shelter pets with terminal illness or advanced age (but with a good quality of life) into their homes where the pets can spend the remainder of their lives in comfort, surrounded by caring and loving people.