David Mickley wrote -
- $25 fee if registered by June 5, 2018
- $35 fee if registered between June 6 & August 5, 2018 (T-shirt Deadline)
- $45 fee if registered between August 6 and October 5, 2018
Each registered rider is encouraged to raise $200 in support of the American Red Cross in addition to their initial registration fee. Get the word out about your ride! Share this page on social media or in an email to your friends and relatives. Donors will simply choose which rider they want to support and enter their credit card information on this secure site. Don't be afraid to engage your friends and colleagues in supporting your ride and growing awareness of the Red Cross mission of preventing and alleviating human suffering in the face of emergencies.
Cash and Check donations can also be sent to: American Red Cross of Chestnut Ridge, ATTN: Ride for the Red, 351 Harvey Avenue, Suite B, Greensburg, PA 15601 - Please indicate who the donation is from and to whom it supports.
Register by August 5, 2018 to receive a free t-shirt for the support you leveraged. All donations are tax deductible; receipts will be provided by the American Red Cross following the event.
Ride for the Red Steel Towns Trail Ride is a bicycling event in support of and assisted by the American Red Cross.
- Choose your starting location (listed below).
- Cycle as much or as little as you choose. One mile, 10 miles, or up to 31-miles (one-way) or 62-miles (round trip) along the Great Allegheny Passage Rails to Trail between West Newton and Pittsburgh’s South Side. Riders must return to their starting location, or arrange for their own transportation upon completion of their ride.
- Cycle at your own pace. This event is for everyone!
- Come prepared! Riders should carry their own water and snacks with them on the trail.
- Hydration Stations manned by Red Cross volunteers will be located along the trail every 4-8 miles to support rider needs by serving bottled water and light refreshments. Riders should bring their cell phones and are encouraged to ride with a buddy. (Please refer to the Event Details & Rider Responsibilities attachment which will be accessible to participants upon registering for the event.)
Event Day Registration: 7:30 - 9:00 AM - Booths will be set up at both starting locations.
- West Newton Trailhead (next to the bridge, parking available)
Address: 108 West Main Street, West Newton, PA 15089
- Pittsburgh's South Side: Location To Be Determined
Riders will enjoy the trail alongside the Youghiogheny and Monongahela Rivers, from West Newton through the historic steel towns of Boston, McKeesport, Duquesne, Homestead, The Waterfront and Pittsburgh's Southside.
The American Red Cross of Chestnut Ridge serves Westmoreland, Armstrong, Indiana and Fayette Counties while the American Red Cross of Southwestern Pa serves Allegheny, Washington and Greene Counties.
The American Red Cross is not a government funded agency.
An average of 91 cents of every dollar the American Red Cross spends is invested in humanitarian services and programs.
Every 60 seconds 63 people are assisted by the American Red Cross.
190 times a day Red Cross volunteers help a family affected by a house fire or disaster.
380 times a day we connect armed forces members with their families.
Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.