Our mission is to enhance the lives of children and their families in a targeted area of southwest Detroit by providing academic and social support through mutual respect and meaningful connections.
Bridgepointe is a volunteer run nonprofit with 100% of funding going directly to our programs. These programs provide educational and social support, and include the following:
* El Armario: A clothing closet located in Neinas Academy (Detroit public schools) where families can obtain uniforms, foundation clothing, shoes and hygiene items.
* La Alacena: A food pantry located in Academies of America (Detroit public schools) that supports families at the school experiencing food stress.
* Tutoring: Tutoring is provided through a variety of programs including lunch tutoring for middle school, after school programs, writers' workshops and lower elementary language skills tutoring.
* Academic Enrichment: Bridgepointe plans and sponsors academic field trips, physical education activitites, art workshops, school community service projects and many more events through out the school year.
* Community Support: Bridgepointe is involved with establishing and refurbishing neighborhood parks and school grounds, improving the safety and functionality of these areas.
Join our team as a volunteer and financial supporter! Not only will you find the experience rewarding and fun, you will also find that the children you support will give as much back to you as you give to them. Any donation is greatly appreciated. A $25 donation will cover the cost of a uniform, socks and underwear for a child or food for a family to "shop" at La Alacena. Thank you in advance from Bridgepointe and the students at our partner schools.