As Champlain Community Services (CCS) celebrates 52 years of "providing essential supports to people with intellectual disabilities and autism, building a community where everyone participates and belongs," we reach out to build a robust Annual Fund to keep us on the cutting edge of our field. We've set bold target of $52,000 to mark those 52 years, and we hope you'll help!
WHO GETS THE MONEY?
CCS - a true grassroots success story, established in 1967 by the family members of people with intellectual disabilities at a time when few such organizations existed. Building on the foundation laid by those founding families, CCS become a nationally recognized leader in its field. And, consider this:
- Our Way2Work employment program has been named the top supported employment program in Vermont for EIGHT consecutive years, so your supporting a leader.
- We were recently named a "Best Place to Work in Vermont," so you know we care about and support our staff - and they provide our one-to-one supports to those we serve.
- We earned a Gold Seal of Transparency from GuideStar, the world's largest source of independently gathered information on nonprofits . . . and fewer than one-half of one percent of nonprofits receive such certification - so you can give with confidence on our follow-through.
WHO DOES IT BENEFIT?
Our primary beneficiaries are more than 100 Vermonters with intellectual disabilities and autism, and thier families. Many receive support in transitioning from high school to adulthood, or job placement and career development, or providing home and shared living supports. Often, not without significant challenges . . .
- 80 percent of those we serve have complex/chronic medical issues
- 66 percent have at least one mental health issue (most have two, several have more than five diagnoses)
- 26 percent have a history of abuse
- 19 percent have a history of homelessness
But the benefits of our work are still broader . . . Dozens od employers, in all sectors of the economy, gain great employees through Way2Work, while meeting tehir diversity and inclusion goals, and the wider community benefits directly when all its members are recognized and included.
HELP US MAKE IT HAPPEN!
GIVE! We pledge to continue to provide the best supports for our clients while building a diverse, inclusive and just community. Where everybody participates, and everybody belongs.