SAMPARC is recognized as one of the leading child development agency of our country looking its experience in nurturing the children to be the responsible citizens of our country. We believe that education is the Key to Change any situation. With this reason SAMPARC intend to start its initiatives through four Communities education centres at Aarey Colony, Mumbai, Maharashtra,India. Through this Community education Center we will cover 160 Children who come from Poor economic condition disadvantaged and drop out children at the colony (Tribal Villages located in Aarey Colony). This initiative of Community education Center will safeguard 160 children and will keep them in continuation of education and will develop their confidence in making future.
• This proposed project is of Aarey colony which is nearest to economic backbone of the country and is recognised one of the biggest Asian metro which is always on move for making money. The Project location is about 40 kms from CST Mumbai and hardly 10 kms from one of the recognised known internationally (IIT) Powai.
• Despite being nearest to the city this place was in a painful condition with no electricity, proper jobs, decent houses and water supply. Also children were dropping out of school at a very tender age to take care of their family and younger siblings.
• Children are sometimes witness to domestic violence by the father on the mother or the child himself, which at that age is difficult to apprehend for the child.
• Facing various issues like financial, poor parenting, being tagged a slow learner etc, many children get school dropouts and get engaged in labour work for their survival.
• Parent’s illiteracy is at very high level, parents are engaged with domestic labour work and children are helping parents for their survival, catering to younger siblings, social taboos on the onset of puberty, sex discrimination from parents are the main factors of school dropouts and illiteracy. Due to all these reasons they are certainly denied with the opportunity to get the basic knowledge to get literates.
FORMAL EDUCATION IS UNREACHED TO COLONY CHILDREN:
• They have to travel long distances from 2 kms to 6 kms, by walk to attend the school;
• Formal education is not in the priority of the families & due financial burden family not ready to take any responsibilities.
• Due to poor economic conditions of the parents they cannot afford the cost to purchase even, uniforms, note books for children education
• Neither the teachers nor any agency taking consideration towards their needs and safeguarding the children future.
• Prime focus of the initiative will be education; which is a key for anyone to overcome the severe situations.
• No one should be forbidden from their basic rights of education.
• To build a secure and respected future for every child of the society.
• To overcome the present condition we will have to work on irradiate of all the old beliefs and assumptions from the society.
• Healthy thoughts SAMPARC team will take special concern towards healthcare and sanitation by involving the volunteers through engagement activities.
• Promotion of Value education for children to groom with principles and values to be responsible citizen of the country.
• Promotion of sports and extracurricular activities for children to explore and groom themselves