WE'RE ENDING CHILDHOOD HUNGER IN AMERICA — AND YOU CAN HELP
No child in America should grow up hungry. But too many kids in our country don't have the food they need to thrive.
More than 200,000 children in Colorado are at risk of hunger. Cooking Matters, part of Share Our Strength's national campaign to end childhood hunger, empowers low-income families to stretch their food budgets so their children get healthy meals at home. Every $1 you donate can help connect a child with up to 10 meals.
Cooking Matters Colorado is participating as a Charity Partner in the 2018 Colfax Marathon. Be a part of the ultimate urban tour throughout the Denver Metro area. Courses include the Denver Zoo, Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Cherry Creek Bike path, downtown, fire stations, and much more. Runners can participate in a Marathon, Marathon Relay (5 person team), Half Marathon, Urban 10 miler, or 5K (open to runners, walkers, dogs, and strollers!), with a celebration after the races.
Join us in our mission to end childhood hunger!
- Go here to register
- Begin the registration form for the race of your choice and choose YES to join our team when asked, “Are you considering raising funds or awareness for a charity?”
- Select “Cooking Matters Colorado” and complete the rest of the form and payment.
- Then watch for our updates about the race!
Note* Signing up to join the team is not a direct donation to Cooking Matters Colorado, it does however sign us up to win different incentives at the event.
- Go to Cooking Matters Colorado’s crowdrise fundraising page and click “Join the team”.
- Fill out your information to sign up. Note* Do not click the button that asks “Do you work for a non-profit?”
- Personalize your page with your story and reasons you run for Cooking Matters Colorado!
- Share with friends and family through email and social media using our hashtag #2018ColfaxforCookingMatters
Thank you for supporting our work to end childhood hunger in Colorado one step at a time!