The Esplanade Association is a 100% privately-funded nonprofit organization that works to revitalize and enhance the Charles River Esplanade, sustain its natural green space, and build community in the park by providing educational, cultural, and recreational programs for everyone.
The Esplanade Association’s core focus areas to improve the experience of park visitors include:
- Promoting healthy lifestyles: hosting thousands of people at dozens of free fitness classes every summer, leading the Esplanade’s largest 5K run, pursuing safe use of the pathways for all park users, and ensuring the Esplanade continue to be home to Boston’s vibrant running community.
- Free programs for the community: hosting free events and activities throughout the year for the broad community, and bringing 1000 children from urban day camps from throughout Boston to the park for active fun every summer.
- Investing in places for families: building and maintaining two playgrounds and partnering to care for the Teddy Ebersol’s Red Sox Fields, home to youth soccer and baseball and adult softball leagues.
- Revitalizing, maintaining and improving the park: spearheading capital improvements to historic park structures (fountains, docks, and lawns, including the revered Hatch Shell Oval).
- Garden design and tree/garden care: designing and organically maintaining 12 ornamental garden beds and investing in the long-term health of the park’s 1,700 trees.
- Volunteer stewardship: Leading 2,000 volunteers a year as they dedicate their time to clean, beautify, enhance, and restore the Esplanade.
- Arts and culture: commissioning public art and bringing free music to intimate venues throughout the park.
We’re thrilled to work with TEAM ESPLANADE to give back to this beloved park and Boston’s most popular training route!
Learn more at EsplanadeAssociation.org