Hi Friends & Family,
After college and moving to this wonderful city I have had the great privilege of using the Esplanade all year round. Coming from the woods of New Hampshire I really craved a space in the city where I could be outside and enjoy nature. From running to rollerblading, sailing on the Charles to attending Zuma classes I have done it all on the Esplanade. Every time I'm on the Esplanade it makes me so happy and proud to see so many people enjoying this beautiful park.
As a realtor in this city it gives me so much pride and joy to introduce the Esplanade to clients moving to the city looking for outdoor space (not always the easiest criteria to find in the city).
I have been a member of the Esplanade Association Friends Council for over five years. This summer I had the privilege of chairing the Esplanade Summer Dock Party which was a wonderful night with the community.
This park is very special to me and I know how special it is to so many people in this city. I would greatly appreciate any donation towards my fundraising goal of $7,500 for the Esplanade.
Any questions please feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESPLANADE ASSOCIATION INC wrote:
The Esplanade Association is a 100% privately-funded nonprofit organization that works to revitalize and enhance the Charles River Esplanade, sustain its natural green space, and build community in the park by providing educational, cultural, and recreational programs for everyone.
The Esplanade Association’s core focus areas to improve the experience of park visitors include:
- Promoting healthy lifestyles: hosting thousands of people at dozens of free fitness classes every summer, leading the Esplanade’s largest 5K run, pursuing safe use of the pathways for all park users, and ensuring the Esplanade continue to be home to Boston’s vibrant running community.
- Free programs for the community: hosting free events and activities throughout the year for the broad community, and bringing 1000 children from urban day camps from throughout Boston to the park for active fun every summer.
- Investing in places for families: building and maintaining two playgrounds and partnering to care for the Teddy Ebersol’s Red Sox Fields, home to youth soccer and baseball and adult softball leagues.
- Revitalizing, maintaining and improving the park: spearheading capital improvements to historic park structures (fountains, docks, and lawns, including the revered Hatch Shell Oval).
- Garden design and tree/garden care: designing and organically maintaining 12 ornamental garden beds and investing in the long-term health of the park’s 1,700 trees.
- Volunteer stewardship: Leading 2,000 volunteers a year as they dedicate their time to clean, beautify, enhance, and restore the Esplanade.
- Arts and culture: commissioning public art and bringing free music to intimate venues throughout the park.
We’re thrilled to work with TEAM ESPLANADE to give back to this beloved park and Boston’s most popular training route!
Learn more at http://esplanadeassociation.org/