#EveryTuesday is #GivingTuesday
This holiday season, YOU can make a HUGE impact in the lives of so many! As we move into the holiday season of Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa, You can create a brighter future for the most vulnerable in our community. Please give generously to help us meet the growing demand for services. And do more!
Create your own page and share your commitment with your friends and family. Ask them to join you in truly embracing the holiday spirit and give with a purpose.
Some other ways to help:
- Donate food baskets or gift cards from local supermarkets for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa.
- Provide toys for kids of all ages! Gift cards and items are especially needed for older children, teens and their mothers. Gift cards from department stores, Target, movie chains, game stores, etc.. are a way to ensure that the recipient gets something they really will enjoy. This year we make it even easier! We will have an Amazon Wish List for your shopping convenience.
- Come and volunteer. Nearly everyday during the season we have fun activities happening at Alexandria House. Come and cook, decorate cookies, help put up our tree, play draydel, light the Kwanzaa candelabra, share your talents and have fun!
- Consider hosting a party at your house, place of worship or business and make Alexandria House the beneficiary. Do a toy drive, collect gift cards, or something else your group would enjoy.
- Adopt a Family - We have wish lists from families and individuals. We provide the list - you provide the happiness!
Contact Michele Richards (email@example.com) for more information.
Alexandria House is a transitional housing program and house of hospitality for women and children who are moving from homelessness to permanent housing. We are also a community center providing educational and enrichment opportunities for families in our neighborhood, many of whom are a paycheck away from being homeless.
This is the season of miracles. Last year we helped over 2,500 people have a better holiday season. Let's create more miracles together!