Welcome to Freecember 2019, Freedom Raiser!
(That's you, if you give, volunteer, raise funds, start or join in a Freecember challenge or whatever you do to help stop modern slavery, including human trafficking.)
For any anti-trafficking non-profit.
Make a BIG difference to a smaller charity.
Fund the Frontlines of Freedom
1) Choose a challenge
2) Choose your fave anti-trafficking non-profit
3) Raise funds
4) Raise freedom!
Help stop human trafficking & modern slavery
Join other Freedom Raisers around the world this Freecember,
Make a bigger difference together!
Give. Raise. Lead. Freedom!
As you may know, there are millions of people trafficked and trapped in slavery today... but what can we do about it?
A couple years ago a small band of us on 3 continents decided to wear "upside down" purple ribbons and walk, run, bike, crochet, host a party, have conversations and post our progress to raise awarness of and funds for frontlines anti-trafficking charities we believe in. Freecember was born global to help you fund the frontlines of freedom!
1) Take an All Month or 5-day challenge.
2) Solo or as a Team.
Raise funds. Raise freedom!
How to Join In
a) Give OR
b) Start or Join a team and
c) Share about your challenge or ask some people to sponsor you per mile (or km) OR set a fundraising goal and invite a whole bunch of people to help you reach it. One day we hope we can move a million miles for freedom. Together.
You can choose orgs like... Not For Sale, IJM, Love146, A21, HUG Project, Beauty for Ashes, Chab Dai or any org you know and love.
(If you'd like to give a plug for your fav org, head on over to the Freecember facebook page or tweet, pin, gram, snap and hashtag away. We're mostly @freecember)
If you don't already have a fave, to keep it simple for 2018, we recommend donating to Chab Dai.
A few guidelines
1) if you set up a fundraiser or a team, the charity you choose has to focus or have specific initiatives which focus primarily on preventing modern slavery, including human trafficking, rescuing victims or restoring survivors.
2) if possible, select an activity: walk, run, bike, swim, row, hike, trek, stop slapshots ... a certain level of effort over time is suggested. (Okay, if you're having a party, like a purple elephant party or an office party or a concert or family movie night, and want to take donations for your Freecember team, you can. Throwing (and sometimes going to) parties takes effort, too. And hey, if you want to crochet 100 skeins or something, then by all means...)
3) find some purple, violet, indigo, or lavender ribbon (we couldn't find our ultraviolet ribbon anywhere!), loop it so that it's "upside down," and, being careful not to stick yourself, pin it to whatever you're wearing as you go through your days this Freecember. (Or draw a ribbon on your hand, headband, wristband, etc. We're flexible.)
4) when people notice your ribbon or tell you it's upside down, say something like "Oh, thanks for noticing. It's to raise action to stop modern slavery. Did you know there are millions of people enslaved worldwide today?"
And then see where the conversation takes you.
Then ask Questions, have Conversations & take Informed Action.
People enslave people. People free people.
No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.
What could you do to stop slavery? How far would you go? How much could you and some friends raise?
Give. Raise. Lead. Freedom!