Friends of Phoenix Public Art fosters Phoenix community pride, civic engagement, and appreciation of the city's arts and culture by bringing people together to engage with our more than 2,300 pieces of outdoor and indoor public art. This includes exciting public art educational programs and ongoing preservation of the city's public art treasures.
Your online support on CrowdRise will allow Friends of Phoenix Public Art will support our ongoing operational costs for the Gallery @ City Hall, including educational programs. This public art museum located at Phoenix City Hall is free to the public - truly a musuem for all.
And good news! With your help, when we raise at least $3,000, we will be eligible to apply for a Gannett /USA Today $100,000 grant to produce and widely share "The 3D Animated Story of Phoenix: A Public Art Project."
Help us reach our $3,000 online fundraising milestone! We need to raise a minimum of $3,000 to qualify for a larger "A Community Thrives" program grant from Gannett / USA Today! WE THANK YOU for helping us reach AND EXCEED this amount!
If we raise at least $3,000, we will then be eligible to win a large grant from A Community Thrives to digitally animate a spectacular, five-minute, 3D video using existing Phoenix artwork and iconic photos and public art to tell an entertaining story telling the story of our city, to be used in civic spaces, classrooms and websites!"
Friends of Phoenix Public Art is creating an exciting civic engagement project in Phoenix using 3D animated video to broadly share our city's story, spotlighting important milestones from our people and their arts and culture - an exciting past, present and imagined future.
The 3D Animated Story of Phoenix: A Public Art Project" will create the first-of-its-kind 3D animated story showcasing the city's past, present and future, spotlighting arts, culture and public art, partnered with Phoenix Phabulous Experience. In fact, this spectacular program will be presented as public art. The program will create an exceptional cultural experience for audiences, including animated mural art already created by Phoenix artists, telling the fascinating story of Phoenix, Arizona. We hope this project inspires other cities and their arts communities to tell their story in a fast-paced, digital format!
We need and thank you for your support! In summary, funds raised online, on this CrowdRise page, will allow Friends of Phoenix Public Art will support ongoing operational costs for the Gallery @ City Hall, including educational programs and public art displays free for all to enjoy. If we meet the $3,000 requirement, we will be eligible to apply for $100,000 to produce and widely share The 3D Animated Story of Phoenix: A Public Art Project.
Program Goals and Audiences:
Through our 3D Animated Story of Phoenix: A Public Art Project, we will:
1. Educate people of all ages about the exciting, multicultural story of Phoenix and its nine time periods, using arts and culture in a vanguard and fast-paced way through 3D animated video and 3D mapping/projection.
2. Encourge Phoenix AND other cities to create their own fast-paced digital story, engaging audiences in discussions about their city, including conversations about arts, city culture, leadership, pivotal moments in the community’s history, and imagined dreams about the future.
3. Encourage audience storytelling, inviting audience members to participate in sharing their unique Phoenix stories – both at scheduled programs and via social media.
4. Create a significant increase in business, resident and visitor engagement with Phoenix public art and our local history and culture, connecting audiences with the city’s more than 2,300 iconic pieces of public art – both outdoor and indoor art collected by the City of Phoenix since 1900. This brief video shares more information about Phoenix Public Art and why's it's so vital to our city's ongoing story and sense of place. Please see: https://youtu.be/DNrNWMhrsXM
5. Partner with civic, business, and arts/culture organizations to create widespread use of the Phoenix Public Art program.
6. Promote the value of local artists in telling city stories through art. Please see Phoenix artists' mural contributions (to be animated) via Phoenix Phabulous Experience. http://phoenixphabulousexperience.com/phoenix-history-mural/
Our audiences include: 4.3 million residents in the Greater Phoenix area... Arizona’s nearly 7 million residents... more than 44 million people from around the globe who visit Arizona each year.... and anyone around the world who wants to view the 3D Animated Story of Phoenix online!