GirlVentures inspires girls* to lead through outdoor adventure, inner discovery, and collective action.
GirlVentures combines outdoor adventure with leadership development and mentoring for girls, at a time when they are making the challenging transition to adulthood.
Through GirlVentures, girls connect with and become comfortable in the natural environment, and in turn, build self-reliance, curiosity, and self-esteem. Immersed in exquisite settings and participating in challenging activities like kayaking, backpacking and rock climbing, girls gain leadership skills, learn to trust each other, and become environmental stewards.
Your support give girls the gift of adventure, discovery, and personal transformation.
Here is the impact on GirlVentures programs:
- $20 provides supplies to foster creative expression in the wilderness
- $50 sustains girls on course by providing participants with healthy snacks and meals
- $100 ensures participants are outfitted with high-quality clothing and equipment like climbing helmets, hiking boots, and rain jackets
- $550 underwrites a full scholarship for one participant in ONE of our after-school rock climbing programs
- $1,000 funds transportation costs for participants to and from our remote course areas, making our summer expeditions accessible to all
- $2,500 repairs and restocks our gear library with equipment like tents, sleeping bags, and backpacks
- $3,000 fully funds a participant from a low-income family to experience a transformative, 2-week summer
- $5,000 enables a participant access to a full scholarship for a life-changing experience of a two-week summer expedition in the California wilderness, emboldened by highly trained instructor-mentors implementing our unique leadership curriculum
GirlVentures believes in practicing radical inclusivity. Girls* refers to gender expansive youth (cis girls, trans girls, non-binary youth, gender non-conforming youth, gender queer youth and any girl-identified youth)