At the heart of Staplehouse and the Giving Kitchen: a supper club. Now it's your turn to bring it home and pay it forward.
On January 15, 2009, Jen and Ryan Hidinger published a blog post, "What are we doing?," that would change their lives and, unbeknownst to them, the lives of countless others. Prelude to Staplehouse was born, and the rest of the story--both tragic and triumphant--led to the foundation of both the Giving Kitchen and Staplehouse.
This May, as we celebrates our 5th anniversary, we're returning to our supper club roots and asking you to join us. GK Supper Club is your chance to bring the Giving Kitchen magic home and change the life of a restaurant worker in crisis.
How it Works
We are grateful that you're inviting people into your home because of your commitment to help restaurant workers, so while we have outlined some options for how to host a GK Supper Club below, it's really all up to you. We'll have prizes for our top three fundraisers, and we'll also have prizes that we'll give out based on your creativity with this new signature event... so take some chances, and have fun with it!
- Start your GK Supper Club host page.
- Decide what kind of dinner you want to host.
- Let everyone know about your GK Supper Club, and get ready for the big day! Our GK Supper Club kit will help you prep.
- During your GK Supper Club, let your guests know about who the Giving Kitchen is and what we do, and ask them to give to support our mission on your GK Supper Club page. Our video and talking points.
More details about how to host your GK Supper Club at givingkitchen.org/supperclub.
Join our Table of Honor
Pledge to raise $1,000 or more to join us at the Table of Honor. When you're "seated" at our Table of Honor, you'll receive:
- GK Supper Club kit, including an apron
- Your name on our website