GHORBA is the community advocacy group serving the Greater Houston area, preserving off-road biking and hiking trails for all to enjoy responsibly. After Hurricane Harvey destroyed many of our local trails, GHORBA has been actively working to restore trails and reopen them for the Houston community to enjoy.
GHORBA is non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers. Charitible contributions are used to fund Houston area trail advocacy, maintenance, enhancement, and construction. GHORBA supports the maintenance efforts at all of the recognized Houston area trails with volunteer work and management. Additionally, GHORBA hosts races, skills clinics, and organized group rides for women, children, veterans, and all members of the greater Houston off-road cycling community.
Providing this level of land owner management, insurance, and incredible activities requires a significant amount of not only volunteer hours but also considerable financial investments. GHORBA needs your financial support to continue to be able to offer these.
Help us with your support before the end of this year to enable GHORBA in 2018 to:
- Increase family-friendly events including:
- New Pedal & Paddlefest event on Cypress Creek and our return at Creekfest and
- Naturefest at Bridgeland.
- Advocate for riders during May Bike Month in The Woodlands, Sugarland, and Houston.
- Train the next groups of volunteers! We need multiple trail stewards at every trail system who understand erosion issues so that the trails are both challenging and conservation-friendly.
Thank you for supporting GHORBA and its important work for the community!