At Green Umbrella, we're all about making Greater Cincinnati as environmentally sustainable as possible. To do that, we drive collaboration in key areas of impact to our region. By making measurable improvements in these areas, our region will continue to be recognized as one of the nation's top metro areas for sustainability.
Our goals for the region by 2020 are:
- GREENSPACE: Increase the acreage of protected greenspace by 30%.
- LOCAL FOOD: Double the production and consumption of fruits and vegetables grown in our region.
- ENERGY: Reduce the total energy consumption in the built environment by 15% and double the local production of renewable energy each year.
- OUTDOOR RECREATION & NATURE AWARENESS: Increase participation in recreational and educational activities, events and venues that get people outdoors into nature by 25%.
- TRANSPORTATION: Reduce the use of gasoline and diesel as motor fuels by 20%.
- WASTE REDUCTION: Reduce waste disposed in the residential/commercial sector by 33% as we transition to “zero waste.”
- WATERSHED: Protect, enhance and celebrate all streams, rivers and other water resources by making a measurable improvement in 75% of them.
Greater Cincinnati was just ranked the nation's #1 metro area for sustainability by Site Selection Magazine. Help keep our region #1 by supporting Green Umbrella, the leading alliance working to maximize the environmental sustainability of Greater Cincinnati. Thank you!