Help Seattle Rep set sail on its inaugural year of Public Works Seattle! Thanks to the generosity of Marcella McCaffray, donations made to Public Works Seattle will be matched 1:1, up to $30,000.
Public Works Seattle is Seattle Rep’s new initiative to create theatre of, by, and for the people of Seattle. We are proud to be working alongside five incredible nonprofit organizations to ensure that theater and imagination are connecting people across our region. A rising tide lifts all boats! When you support this initiative, you’re not just supporting theatre at Seattle Rep, you’re helping to bolster strong partnerships across the greater Seattle area. The arts make our society a richer and more fulfilling place to live, but we can’t do it without your help. Public Works Seattle is funded entirely by support from donors just like you. Every gift, no matter the size, makes a BIG impact!
Your gift helps to activate imagination across the city and directly supports:
- Workshops that focus on building performance skills through spoken word poetry at the Southwest Boys & Girls Club and on improvisation and beginning acting skills for middleschool-aged aspiring artists at the North Seattle Club
- Workshops focused on using scenes written by female playwrights to develop each participant’s creative voice and physical presence at Jubilee Women’s Center
- Advanced acting classes at Seattle Rep focused on auditions and monologues with Path with Art
- Weekly workshops on storytelling and performance culminating in collaborations between new and long-time neighbors at Centerstone
- Ongoing classes focused on musical theatre and performance at Sound Generations/Ballard NW Senior Center
Together, let’s celebrate our region and embark on one epic adventure.