The Challenge: Home fires kill seven people every day in the U.S. More than 60% of fire-related deaths are in homes without working smoke alarms, and more than 5 million U.S. homes are without smoke alarms.
The Solution: Together with volunteers, fire departments and local community partners, the American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois is installing free smoke alarms, replacing dead alarm batteries, helping families create escape plans and teaching people about fire prevention. Sound the Alarm. Save a Life.
Join Us: Be a part of this lifesaving effort by making a donation today.
- $600 can provide financial assistance for 1 family impacted by a home fire
- $400 can provide two full days of food and shelter to a family of 4
- $150 can cover the installation of 1 smoke alarm for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- $100 can ensure that 10 people receive warm, hearty and comforting meals
- $45 can protect a two-bedroom apartment with 3 new smoke alarms
- $25 can provide cozy blankets to protect a family of 5 from the cold
Learn More: To learn more, visit www.soundthealarm.org/Chicago