Team Imerman Angels is building a team for the Detroit Free Press Marathon events which include the Marathon, International Half-Marathon, US Half-Marathon, Marathon Relay (segment distances from 3-7 miles) and the 5K (Note: the 5K is on Saturday, October 20 - all other races are on Sunday, October 21). You pick the distance.
WHY IMERMAN ANGELS?: Imerman Angels is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide personalized connections that enable one-on-one support among cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers. At Imerman Angels, our goal is that no one ever has to face cancer alone. To learn more about Imerman Angels, please click HERE.
YOUR PARTICIPATION MAKES A DIFFERENCE: Participating in any of the above listed Detroit Marathon Events with Team Imerman Angels is your opportunity to be the difference for anyone seeking cancer support. Our goal for the 2018 team is to fund over 100 matches - to make it possible for over 100 cancer fighters to be connected to a cancer survivor (or a caregiver to a caregiver) free of charge. To be a part of Team IA, participants commit to a fundraising minimum of $500.
TEAM IMERMAN ANGELS PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE GREAT PERKS: When you join Team Imerman Angels, you will receive:
- Free coach-led training for your event (5K, 1/2 marathon, marathon or marathon relay) through Gazelle Sports
- Race Weekend Pasta Dinner Celebration
- Official Team Imerman Angels Race Singlet
- Race Day VIP Hospitality (Sunday events) at Juice & Fuel for you and your friends/family
- Team Imerman Angels Commemorative T-Shirt for the Detroit Marathon Events
- Your own customizable fundraising page
- Team Imerman Angels commemorative Detroit Marathon Events pin
- The opportunity to immediately help those impacted by cancer through your participation
WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN THE TEAM! Joining the team is simple and will take less than five minutes:
Step #1: Join Team Imerman Angels by clicking the "Join the Team" button on this page or by clicking HERE.
Step #2: Register for your event (either the Marathon, the International Half Marathon, the U.S. Half Marathon, the Marathon Relay or the 5K) by clicking HERE.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dave Louthan at 312.273.1312.