My name is Makenzie. I am the founder of KAKAO Ceremonial Drinking Chocolate, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. My Beloved Michael and I passionately channel KAKAO together from our hearts and our soul’s calling.
We are completely lit up by the power of ceremonial-grade cacao. The spirit of cacao helps open the heart, access one’s creative channel, calm the nervous system, and evoke divine bliss. This power gets carried into our daily lives through our relationships, the way we connect to nature, our sense of Purpose, the way we communicate, the place we create from, and so much more.
Indigenous myth recounts: Whenever the balance between humans and nature becomes threatened, cacao leaves the rainforest to open peoples’ hearts and return the planet to harmony.
KAKAO’s missions as a nonprofit organization are to
1) Deliver the people this sacred plant medicine in its fullest integrity, and
2) Contribute to the ‘saving’ of these native strains of cacao in both Guatemala and Peru, as they have been at risk of extinction due to the development and monetization of ‘foreign’ aka man-made strains.
For more information on the cacao we source and what makes KAKAO ceremonial-grade, please visit www.flykakao.com
Where we are now:
KAKAO has touched hundreds- maybe thousands of lives since inception just 15 months ago. Michael and I hand-make and fulfill over 400 pounds of KAKAO each month from our home in Los Angeles, and we continue to sell out due to increased demand.
Our dear Australian friend Peta Kelly, who sits on KAKAO’s board of directors, has been a huge voice for the power of daily cacao ceremony. This has called forth a large Australian following and demand of our product. For this reason, we are launching on-shore fulfillment in Australia starting mid April 2018.
Beyond Australia, we are experiencing increased orders and engagement on a global scale. The KAKAO tribe has spoken: the planet is so ready for this heart-medicine. Michael and I are humbled daily by the receptivity of the Tribe; it’s a true honor to bring our vibration of love to you all through this liquid form of Mother Earth herself.
In our full yes to this sacred calling, we are opening up a new physical space called KAKAO Kafe (location TBA). Our cacao beans and equipment will be moved from our home, into a space where KAKAO can fully fly. We accept and expand into the calling of more support, the addition of aligned team-members, and maintaining in-house fulfillment of all orders for the highest vibration possible.
Michael and I, along with the spirit of cacao, invite you and your tribe to be energetically involved in these delightful next steps. We are grateful for your blessing, whether it’s through your prayers and/or tax-deductible donations.
Your blessing contributes to the birthing and flight of the following:
1. Hiring of aligned team-members and support with making the KAKAO, fulfilling orders, managing the Kafe, and assisting overall operations.
2. KAKAO Kafe: Where all KAKAO is made & blessed; where online orders are fulfilled; and where people can come for a cup of KAKAO to drop into their own ceremony.
3. On-shore launches of KAKAO in Australia and the UK so our customers can save shipping time & money.
4. New compostable packaging + premium bamboo KAKAO storage jars.
1. To uphold 100% integrity of this sacred medicine by sourcing native beans, at over-fair-trade prices.
2. To consciously infuse every batch with energies of love, compassion, abundance and unity-consciousness.
3. To embody the Pillars of Conscious Enterprise in every area of the business.
4. To reinvest all profits into our missions:
Phase I: Purchase more native cacao beans at over-fair-trade prices to incentivize and support native cacao farmers. Phase I is already occurring, as demand and awareness of KAKAO increases monthly.
Phase II: Implement on-the-ground projects and the purchase of supportive supplies/infrastructure needed by the farmers and surrounding community.
On a personal, heart-wide-open note….
To share KAKAO with the world and reveal the fullness of her vision has personally been a huge invitation to not only open my heart, but to speak it fully.
When I started KAKAO, it was simply an ‘on-the-side’ passion-project. It was birthed from such a genuine, simple place of desiring to have access to true ceremonial drinking chocolate. As this journey has unfolded, I have realized more each month that KAKAO is way bigger than I ever expected. She has moved faster, grown bigger, and flown further than I maybe even knew was possible. The beauty of it is that I really never cared about how fast, big or far it went— all I cared about was making it available to the people that truly needed her. Even as I write these words, I am taken back at the Truth of her bigness. It’s clear— there are indeed a lot of humans needing her, now.
With these words, and with this invitation to donate/contribute $222,000, I once and for all honor her bigness. The dragon was never meant to be small; she came through as a dragon for a reason. She is fierce, she is beautiful, she is relentless, she is powerful, she is sacred, she is magnificent, she is big.
With these words and this invitation, I speak my heart’s Truth that I am not just flying the dragon, but I AM the dragon.
With wings wide open,