2019 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna, January 9th - 13th. The weekend includes the following races:
- Goofy Challenge - 2 days of racing = 39.3 Miles of FUN! (Half-Marathon & Full Marathon)
- Dopey Challenge - 4 days, 4 races totaling 48.6 miles!! (5k, 10K, Half-Marathon & Marathon)
Be a Part of the Cure! Join Team ChadTough for one of the most magical race weekends on earth at Walt Disney World® Resort, January 9th – 13th, 2019!! With race distances for all skill levels, including a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon everyone can experience the magic of running through Walt Disney World® Resort while helping to raise awareness and funds to fight Pediatric Brain Cancer, with an emphasis on the deadliest form, Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).
Our goal is to find at least 50 passionate participants to help us spread Chad’s story and raise money for a cure.
If you have secured your own race entry to the Walt Disney World® Marathon, we still would love for you to join our team. Please register as an Unofficial Runner.
No parent should ever have to face a terminal diagnosis for a child! The ChadTough Foundation is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to fund research and raise awareness for pediatric brain cancer with an emphasis on Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). Participating in the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend with Team ChadTough is your opportunity to help change the survival rate for DIPG patients, which is currently 0%! Every child deserves a chance to survive cancer! To learn more about the important work your efforts will support, go to www.chadtough.org.
When you join Team ChadTough, you receive these GREAT BENEFITS:
- Free Entry into the Walt Disney World® Marathon race distance of your choice (value ranges from $85 - $575 depending on distance chosen) when $200 fundraising minimum is met.
- A custom Team ChadTough singlet to wear on race day when $400 fundraising minimum is met.
- Access to a contracted runDisney travel provider to assist you with booking your room/ticket packages.
- Invitation for you and a guest to the Team ChadTough Celebration Reception (fundraising commitment must be met).
- Your own customizable, online fundraising page to give your family, friends, co-workers, and others as an easy way to donate and show their support for you.
- Access to a fundraising and training coach who can help you as you plan your fundraising efforts, collect donations, and prepare for your race.
- Access to Team ChadTough’s private Facebook group to connect with other runners and share fundraising and training tips and advice.
- ChadTough Water Bottle & Bumper Sticker
Most importantly, you will be making your Walt Disney World® race experience even more meaningful with the knowledge that you're helping to save kids’ lives!
2019 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend FUNDRAISING Details
Disney 5K & 10K - $700 Fundraising Minimum. Every day, more than 700 children around the world are diagnosed with childhood cancer.
Disney Full & Half Marathon - $1,884 Fundraising Minimum in honor of Chad's 1,884 days of life.
Disney Goofy & Dopey Challenge - $2,500 Fundraising Minimum. Cancer kills more than 2,500 children in our country every year.
- Raise $200 by June 1st, 2018 to earn your race entry. Once we have received at least $200 through your Crowdrise account or directly to the foundation we will provide you with the link to officially register for the Walt Disney World® race distance of your choice.
- Raise $400 by October 1st, 2018. Once we have received at least $400 through your Crowdrise account or directly to the foundation we will send your exclusive Team ChadTough singlet so you can train in it before wearing it on race day.
- Meet your Fundraising Commitment by December 22nd, 2018 and receive an invitation to the Team ChadTough Celebration Reception. The Reception will be on Saturday, January 12th.
Raise Additional Funds to Earn ChadTough Gear!
Once your fundraising commitments have been met, you will be rewarded with exclusive Team ChadTough gear.
- Raise $250 above fundraising minimum, earn a ChadTough Hat.
- Raise $500 above fundraising minimum, earn a ChadTough Hat, 2 additional invitations to the Team Celebration Reception, and a ChadTough Hoodie
- Raise $1,000 above fundraising minimum, earn a ChadTough Hat, 2 additional invitations to the Team Celebration Reception, a ChadTough Hoodie & a ChadTough Jacket
Requirements for Hotel Accommodations and Park Tickets
RunDisney requires each registration to be packaged with a minimum 2-night stay at a Walt Disney World® Resort and a 2-day base park ticket. Team ChadTough participants are responsible for meeting these requirements and will have access to a runDisney travel provider to assist with booking packages that best suit the individual team member's needs.
*For more information visit www.chadtough.org/events/2019-walt-disney-world-marathon-weekend/#package.
The race does not allow for cancellation or runner replacement, therefore once you have registered, our foundation is responsible for your fees. For that reason, we ask that you refrain from canceling your commitment.
- Participants for Walt Disney World® Marathon, Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge must be 18 years of age or older.
- Participants for Walt Disney World® Half Marathon must be 14 years of age or older.
- Participants for Walt Disney World® 10K must be 10 years of age or older.
- You must be 5 years of age on race day to participate in the Walt Disney World® 5K. Each participant must be able to complete the 5K on their own.
- Children 13 and under can participate in the One Mile Run. Other runDisney Kids Race distances are determined by age group. The ChadTough Foundation does not have race entries for these distances.