For elders living without support from friends or family, the holiday season heightens feelings of loneliness. It can be a dreaded time of year. But Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly works with incredible volunteers to bring friendship and celebration to our seniors year-round. And on Christmas Day, we make sure no elder feels forgotten or alone. This year, 686 of our elders will celebrate Christmas Day with LBFE Chicago.
· 415 elders will be surrounded by friends at three holiday parties around the city
· 271 homebound elders will receive home-delivered meals and nursing home visits
Volunteers will deliver 271 holiday meals, along with holiday treats and houseplants, to our homebound elders and those living in nursing homes. Volunteers will pick up elders and bring them to one of our three celebrations to enjoy a three-course holiday meal, live entertainment, and fellowship – all while surrounded by friends!
Here's how you will make an impact:
· $10 – sends a home-delivered meal with flowers & a friendly visit
· $40 – supports 5 nursing home visits by friendly volunteers bringing an elder flowers and treats
· $100 – supports 10 rides to/from parties for elders in wheelchairs or with limited mobility (100 special mobility rides are needed)
· $250 – provides a table of 8 with a three-course meal, flowers, entertainment, & comfortable transportation by a friendly volunteer
Thank you for helping make sure our elders are not forgotten on Christmas Day!