Hey friends and family!
I am running 8 km on Sunday, May 6, to support Mom2Mom. Yup, I'm the Executive Director, and I'm also a Mom. And yup, just like motherhood, I haven't really trained for this and need your support.
Here's my take: Being a mom is hard. Being a mom on a low-income in one of the world's most expensive cities is even harder. Being a mom who didn't train for an 8 km run but is going to do it anyway and raise funds and a little hell while doing so doesn't seem that hard in comparison.
I love being a mom, I love my mom and I love seeing how great the women involved in Mom2Mom are at being parents, surviving in the face of adversity and helping their kids thrive.
So what do I want from you?
1) Your money! Each dollar that you give to me goes towards our amazing community thorugh direct financial and relationship support.
2) Funny text messages on the day of.
And what do you get?
1) A charitable tax receipt
2) Warm fuzzies for supporting moms and kids in Vancouver who need your help
3) Awesome shout-outs, pics and stories on Facebook and Instagram featuring yours truly
4) For every donor of over $100, delivered / mailed brownies to your door. (I'm not kidding - they're gonna be good. Maybe a little crumbly if you live in Ontario but we'll make it work), and
5) My never-ending love and gratitude.
So - GIVE! Why? Because it feels good and brownies are yummy and moms are awesome and you are too.
The official take:
Mom to Mom Child Poverty Initiative Society wrote -
Mom2Mom improves the lives of children in poverty by supporting their moms.
In Vancouver, Moms in poverty struggle with incredible stress and isolation. This puts stress on the whole family, and deprives both mom and children of connection to resources, positive influences, and opportunities.
We believe that when moms thrive, children thrive. Since 2011, Mom2Mom has worked to support moms’ wellbeing by reducing the stress and isolation of living in poverty.