The Next Big Idea
Raising Funds for Monmouth Museum’s Future
The Next Big Idea is a fundraising initiative that will enhance the Museum's mission and ensure its future in the community!
This is why we need your help...
Museums are places of ideas and discovery. The Monmouth Museum focuses on just that. A popular destination for art lovers and families alike, the Museum boasts two expansive art galleries and two different exhibition areas for children where learning is an active process. The WonderWing, an under-the-sea exploratory area, engages little ones under age 6. The Becker Children's Wing enables older children to embark on hands-on S.T.E.A.M in Action experiences exploring art, science and history. The Meyer Arts & Nature Area will get the kids outside and provides all visitors an opportunity to take part in arts and environmental programming in a natural outdoor setting. And the Monmouth Museum is committed to featuring and nurturing NJ emerging artists so there's always a reason to return.
There are 5 goals which funds are being raised to support:
1. Facility Improvements - An improved easy access entrance, elevator access to the second floor, an expanded Artisan Shop, and new lighting in the Main Gallery are among the improvements that will assist the Museum's mission. In addition, restroom facilities will be updated for further comfort.
2. Multipurpose Space – will be a welcome addition for Educational Workshops and a Lunch Room for visitors.
3. Expand Outreach – The Museum has become known throughout the special education community as a location where youth are welcome and the docents are experienced in the needs of their populations. The Museum customizes tours for people with disabilities and offers private nights for children, teenagers, and adults with Autism. Additional programming would allow the Museum to reach a greater number of special needs individuals who could benefit from such exposure.
4. Capacity building – As improvements are made over the next few years, Museum staff will diversify with additional talents and skills to create and facilitate new programs.
5. Museum endowment will be enhanced to ensure that the Museum will continue to impact and engage the community for many years.
How you can help...
- Make a donation! See Below...
- Share this CrowdRise Campaign with your friends and mailing lists via social media and email!
- Become a Team Member and fundraise for the Museum by creating your own Crowdrise Page!
To find out more about the Monmouth Museum, visit here:
DONATE to the Monmouth Museum TODAY!
You know what amount is right for you…
$ __________Insert your own donation amount!
The Sky is the Limit!
From $10 Dollars - $10 Million, Donate to The Next Big Idea to ignite the love of the Arts and Learning and help support your Community Not for Profit Museum well into the future!
Remember some of what we are raising funds for includes:
* Water Fountain
* Multipurpose Space for Workshops and a Lunch Room for visitors
* Family Bathroom for individuals with special needs and the renovations of current bathrooms
* Art Studio/Artist in Residence Program
* Expanded Arts and Educational Programming for all ages
* And for more specific ways to give, see below...
● $15. Enables 2 seniors to benefit from a Free Life-Long Learning Series program!
● $25. Enables 5 children to participate in a Free ART HOUR art project in our Green Arts Studio!
● $35. Enables 7 children to participate in a Free Nature Program in the Meyer Art and Nature Area!
● $50. Say thank you to those who serve our country and provide 6 Free Admission Passes for active service military and their family members through our extension of the Blue Star Museum NEA Initiative!
● $75. Will pay for the supplies needed for a new S.T.E.A.M. program for the Innovation Laboratory in the Becker Children’s Wing!
● $100. Provides Free Admission for 10 teachers, paraprofessionals and nurses so they can assist their students and clients while they are visiting the Museum!
● $150. Provides Free Admission for 20 special needs individuals to visit exhibitions presented in our Galleries!
● $200. Will buy hands-on interactive educational equipment for the Innovation Laboratory!
● $250. Will pay a NJ Emerging Artist for sharing their artistic inspiration during a Gallery Talk and also provide the much-needed funds for them to continue to create!
● $500. Will spark the imagination of 70, 4th graders from low-income cities and towns with a “Day at the Museum” Field Trip!
● $750. Will buy a new water fountain for our facility!
● $1,000. Will provide Free Admission for 100 people to attend an "Autism Friendly Sensory Aware Night" at the Museum for children and adults on the Autism Spectrum and their families!
ideas ● inspiration ● imagination