$1,000 is all it takes to provide one full year of comprehensive, confidential care for FREE to one young person at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center. Does that sound like a lot to you? Well, one basic emergency room visit in NYC costs about $2,000!
But if you can't give $1,000, would you consider . . .
- $10.00 - for a MetroCard for four subway or bus rides to the Center?
- $25.00 - to fill a prescription?
- $50.00 - to cover a lab test?
- $100.00 - to meet with a Health Educator to learn about birth control or healthy eating?
- $250.00 - to cover three mental health counseling sessions?
- $500.00 - for a head-to-toe evaluation, including a dental exam and cleaning?
The more we raise, the more lives we can change!
Every young person who walks in our door gets complete health care – all free, all confidential.
No judgment. No charge.
Our model is built on the premise that adolescents need to know we’re unconditionally there for them. That means being inclusive, nonjudgmental, empathetic—and free.
Active questioning—and active listening—is how we both intercede in dangers they may face in their lives and help them build on their strengths.
Because every young person is unique, we don’t make anyone feel like a number. Each of our young patients feels welcomed and understood. And they know that everything that happens at the Center is confidential if that is what they need.