“I remember that first day I called and spoke to MSP’s Residential Counselor. She was my first sight of light – but then it took too long for me to be placed. I was about to give up and continue living in my unhappy and abusive marriage, but then my MSP Case Manger called. My second sign of light. I almost lost hope, and MSP restored and brought my hope back. The love and support has permanently lit the light which I was seeing from a distance.
I am in the process of recovery through therapy and different groups we go to here at the shelter. I will be sad to move on, and move once I find our own place. But at the same time will be rejoicing because that is what this program is for. To help women and children overcome obstacles from their past. You guys are the tunnel of light toward a better, brighter future for us.” - Mary*
Women like Mary are among the 1 in 4 women who experience domestic violence nationally. Their children are among the 15 million exposed to domestic violence.
A gift from you will keep our critically needed programs available by providing shelter, food, and emergency services to battered women like Mary and their children. Please, give today to help end violence against women and children.
- $2,500 – supports a family in our RISE housing program for 2 months
- $1,000 – provides aftercare for a family leaving our shelter for 3 months
- $750 – provides 50 hours of case management to a mother
- $500 – sponsors a field trip for the children at Sanctuary Plus
- $250 – provides diapers for a baby in our shelter for an entire year.
- $150 – feeds a family at our shelter for an entire month
- $75 – provides a mother with transportion to and from work for a month
- $50 – provides sanitary products for a mother for 3 months