We hope you have found value in the recent reports produced through the National Workforce Initiative. This critical research helps us form a comprehensive understanding of the state of the social work workforce, and we believe ongoing research is essential to meet this goal.
CSWE and NASW have provided funds to cover most of the costs of the 2019 study of MSW graduates and are partnering in a fundraising effort to raise the remaining $30,000 to ensure robust response to the survey and analyses of the results. The benefits are significant and numerous: an ongoing workforce study will help us
- understand how the social work graduates moves through education and into practice,
- recognize social work roles and responsibilities and how they may be changing,
- understand capacity,
- identify whether the current curricula are appropriate for current and future roles,
- capture information on social work graduates who do not practice in positions clearly identified as social work and who might otherwise be invisible to existing sources of data on social workers, and
- gain valuable insights into trends in the profession and marketplace.
We are asking for your help. If you agree that this workforce study is critical in informing our approach to educating the future social work workforce, we ask you to consider donating to the campaign to ensure the success of this study.
For more information on the National Workforce Initiative, please click here.
Thank you for your continued support.