Funding is needed for a new facility located on the current footprint to improve services to families served by the Navy SEAL Foundation Hockey program, the players, coaches and mentors. A new building would improve and enhance the current program in the following ways:
• More professional facility will improve participation
• Equipment management and supply will improve with dedicated storage
• Dual purpose facility with classroom for off ice instruction
• Free maintenance (skate sharpening and boot repair) will reduce costs and encourage participation
• Long term investment that will provide a significant impact on individuals
Fundraising and costs:
• All funds raised for this building will be earmarked by NSF for the facility.
• There is a ‘no-cost’ land use agreement in place with the ice rink where the building will be located.
• There will be no lease, maintenance fees, or utilities charged to NSF as part of the land use agreement.
• All donated funds will be solely used for the facility which will be managed by volunteers (with the exception any legal fees associated with the facility.)