11th Annual Walk for the Wounded.
Join us for a fun day while supporting our nation’s Wounded Warriors.
Participants are encouraged to recruit a team of friends, family, or co-workers and register here on the site. Individual registrations as well as donations in lieu of attendance are also welcomed.
Unable to join us at Rose Tree Park in Media, PA...
We have a new and exciting way to make it possible for you to participate in the Walk no matter where you are!
What is the Virtual Walk for the Wounded?
The Virtual Walk for the Wounded was designed to offer those that are not in the geographical area of the Walk to participate.
The impact of your efforts is significant to those we serve.
· Our Virtual Walk for the Wounded is hosted online.
· You can walk in your own neighborhood, at a local park, a local track, the beach, the gym, basically, it means you can walk anywhere.
· You can walk alone or create a team!
· Deadline for the Virtual Walk registration is May 5, 2018, to ensure you receive your registration packet before May 19, 2018.
· Participants are encouraged to recruit a team of friends, family or co-workers. Individual participants can request donations from friends and family in lieu of attendance.
· Walk with us on Saturday, May 19, 2018
· Take pictures and send them to us so we can place them on our website and social media!
· Tell us your story… Where are you? Who are you walking for? Who are you walking with?
· Use the hashtag #virtual2018walkforthewounded on all social media platforms.
· Let's walk for our Nation’s Heroes! Let's DO THIS!
The mission of Operation First Response, Inc (OFR) is to serve all branches of our nation's Wounded Warriors and their families with personal and financial needs.
Services are provided from the onset of injuries or illness, throughout their recovery period and along their journey from military life to the civilian world. Financial aid varies as each case is based on individual needs ranging from rent, utilities, vehicle payments, groceries, clothing, and travel expenses.
It is hard for us to comprehend waking up each day in a hostile country, putting our life on the line to protect people from terrorists who have no fear and no conscience about planning and conducting mass murder. It is harder still to imagine how it feels to be at the heart of a bomb explosion – or to be shot by snipers – or to be the target of a single man or woman whose mission is ... to be a human bomb.
Sadly, many lives are lost. But of equal importance are the lives that are changed forever in the blink of an eye by severe wounds, life-changing amputations, and painful surgeries – often followed by mounting bills at home, necessary job retraining, home renovations and more. Just dealing with the emotional scars is difficult – but with your donations OFR ‘has their back’ on the home front.