#GivingTuesday - Support Environmental News, Ecological Legislation Advocacy, Coastal Programs, and more!
The Northcoast Environmental Center (NEC) was founded in 1971 and has since its inception focused on the importance of protecting and celebrating marine ecosystems of California’s North Coast – with education and action being key components of achieving our mission.
The NEC has lead coastal cleanup efforts on the North Coast for 38 years – founding California’s first Adopt-A-Beach program in 1979 and serving as the Humboldt County coordinator for California Coastal Cleanup Day since its inception in 1985.
Throughout the decades, the NEC has played a pivotal role in raising environmental awareness through our education programs and media. The NEC is well known as the producer of EcoNews, a bi-monthly environmental journal that is distributed internationally, with a focus on Northern California and Southern Oregon. The NEC also hosts a weekly radio show, the EcoNews Report, and maintains a website and Facebook page for our growing online community.
We are raising funds to sustain our environmental and educational programs:
- Educating the community with EcoNews and EcoNews Reports on KHSU
- Programs that provide opportunities for people that inspire further action to restore and protect the sensitive resources of the North Coast.
- Provide opportunities for young people to become conservationists through internships, service-learning and work-study positions.
Campaign funds will be used towards sustainability, preservation and growing our organization. 100% of your donation will go towards programming and updates to Northcoast Environmental Center. No amount is too small or large! Your generous tax-deductible donation will go towards:
- Coastal Cleanup Events: Earth Day Cleanup, 5th of July Cleanup and Coastal Cleanup Day (per year) - $20,000
- Programming: Computer, Graphics, Endangered Art Show, All Species Parade Costume Workshops - $10,000
- Upgrade website - $3,000
- Staff Assistants (per year) - $22,000
Every dollar counts. We need your help, and we would be so grateful for your support!
Northcoast Environmental Center is not just a nonprofit environmental organization, it is the hub for environmental news on the northcoast. Through our programs to combat marine debris, remove cigarette butts and syringes from our waterways, provide environmental education to the community, protect our forests and wildlife, we hope to pass on our values of sustainability, conservation, access to public lands and clean water and air to every one who participates or visits.
Thank you so much for your donation and assisting us in confronting increased conservation threats, while building an ecologically sound future
In gratitude, Nortcoast Environmental Center team and volunteers