There is even more reason to donate today. Our participation in this fundraiser may help Per Scholas be eligible for six unique grants ranging from $10,000 to $100,000 courtesy of the Gannett Foundation's A Community Thrives initiative - but only if we raise at least $6,000 before May 11, 2018.
Per Scholas is a 23-year-old, national nonprofit that provides tuition-free technology training and career opportunities to low-income, unemployed individuals, helping them launch life-changing IT careers.
With your generous donation, Per Scholas in the National Capital Region (NCR) will be better equipped to provide free, technology-based training and professional development to the thousands of talented individuals from overlooked communities. By matching these future IT professionals with employer partners, we are directly impacting the community and providing sustainable careers in technology to many. In the National Capital Region, Per Scholas graduated 86% of enrollees and placed 86% of those graduates in jobs.
In addition to IT and Network Support training that leads to a CompTIA A+ and Network + credential, we have expanded our course offerings to include IT Security training for students interested in pursuing careers in security risk management and asset protection and Cisco Cyber Operations training with an Education Security Operations Center (ESOC) to prepare students with theoretical, practical and hands-on experience for careers as cyber analaysts.
For 2018, we expect to achieve the following outcomes:
- 180 students will enroll.
- 85% will graduate.
- 80% will earn at least one industry-based credential.
- 80% of graduates will gain employment within one year, most within four months of graduating, with an average starting wage of at least $20/hour.
- At least 75% of graduates will be verifiably retained for one year.
- At least 30% of graduates will experience a career advancement and wage gain of at least 10% within that time.
All funds raised through this campaign will be used to provide direct services to our students in the National Capital Region. The following are just a few examples of what $6,000 could do for our students:
- $100 supports the cost of monthly transportation to Per Scholas training for one (1) student
- $500 supports the cost of four (4) CompTIA certification vouchers
- $1,000 supports the cost of hosting 4 hiring fairs
- $5,000 supports the cost of outfitting a hands-on tech lab
- $10,000 supports the cost of a full 10 weeks of IT Support training for two (2) students
Per Scholas will use grant funds to strengthen and update our career development training services. More specifically, in partnership with IT partners and employers, we will design and launch a new, copyrighted, career development curriculum to ensure students are prepared with the evolving professional skills to sustain and advance in tech careers.
To learn more about Per Scholas please visit us at PerScholas.org
Thank you for your support!