Be part of the Kennel Trans-fur-mation for Pets Alive!
Cam, Millie and Alaska are three of the 70+ dogs currently living at Pets Alive, a no kill animal rescue organization located at 363 Derby Road, Middletown, NY. They are three of the nearly 1,000 cats, dogs and farm animals that you’ll help 2018.
2018 is a special year. Thanks to your support, we’re celebrating 30 years incorporated as an animal rescue organization, saving the lives of thousands of animals since inception. Providing quality care for the animals is of utmost importance to ensuring their good health – and that includes maintenance of the animals’ living quarters.
Thirty years of wear and tear have taken its toll on our 12,000 square-foot dog kennel building. The roof is in desperate need of replacement - it leaks, doesn't hold the heat well, and the roofing infrastructure is deteriorating. Additionally, the exterior portions of each of the dog runs are in dire need of repair with cracked concrete, broken doggie doors and broken fencing. You can be part of the Dog Kennel Transfurmation by helping us raise $100,000 during the Saving Pets Challenge to give the kennel building a major facelift!
The fifth annual Saving Pets Challenge is an online fundraising campaign for organizations focused on keeping pets out of shelters, sponsored by Found Animals Foundation. It runs through May 31. To help us meet our $100,000 fundraising goal during the Challenge, we have TWO matching gift pledges thanks to the generosity of two foundations:
- Sidewalk Angels Foundation, a New York-based, non-profit organization founded in 2003 by Grammy Award Winning Artist Rob Thomas and his wife Marisol Thomas, has pledged up to $30,000 to help us replace the roof.
- The John and Christine Tortorella Family Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by John Tortorella, head coach for the Columbus Blue Jackets of the National Hockey League (NHL), and his wife Christine Tortorella, author and children's literacy and animal welfare advocate, has pledged up to $10,000 towards the kennel run repairs.
Your donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $40,000! If we maximize both of these generous gifts, that's $80,000 towards meeting our goal of raising $100,000 to keep the animals, staff and volunteers safe from a deteriorating building - and even more money if we win any of the prizes being donated by Challenge Sponsor, Michelson Found Animals.
Please help us be part of the transfurmation:
1. Sign up as a team member and help us fundraise between now and May 31. Every dollar YOU raise online also counts towards the sponsor cash grants and the matching gifts! To join as a team member, please click on "Join the Team" button.
2. Make a donation here on our Challenge web page between now and May 31
3. Share this with all your friends and family
*More about the Saving Pets Challenge. Animal welfare organizations will compete for $250,000 in grants by raising money for their cause during the fifth annual online Saving Pets Challenge, which runs from May 1 – 31. The five organizations that raise the most money will receive grants from sponsor Michelson Found Animals, ranging from $5,000 to $50,000, plus weekly mini-grants will be awarded. The minimum Eligible Donation is $10 per transaction and the maximum eligible donation is $10,000 per transaction.
Your donation made here on our Challenge web page between May 1 at 12:00pm and May 31, 1:59pm EDT will help us qualify for one of these 5 sponsor prizes! To check out the Saving Pets Challenge Leaderboard for all animal rescue groups entered in the challenge, go here: http://bit.ly/2L5z6mW
We thank you and so do the animals! Your support is crucial to the Dog Kennel Transfurmation project and helping provide a safe and healthy environment for the animals as they await their forever home. For additional information about Pets Alive, check out our website at www.petsalive.org.