Glen Stapleton wrote -
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta, our Big Brothers and Big Sisters go above and beyond to help their Little Brothers and Little Sisters live up to their full potential. They are the reason that in 2017, 98% of the children in our program were promoted to the next grade, and 98% of our seniors graduated from high school on time.
And they are staying out of trouble -- 99% avoided the juvenile justice system in 2017.
These pages give them the opportunity to share their own match stories with friends and families, to help support the program. It costs Big Brothers Big Sisters about $1,500 per year to make and support each of our mentoring matches. Please visit the match pages under "Top Fundraisers" to learn more about their stories and help support the work of these dedicated volunteers.
Here is what your support can do for Atlanta's children:
- $25 per person allows a Big and Little to attend the annual picnic
- $50 funds one Little's attendance at a Mentoring Towards College workshop
- $80 allows one Little to attend a STEAM workshop to stimulate interest in science, technology, engineering, arts and math careers
- $130 covers the cost of an expanded background check for potential volunteers
- $150 funds a graduating Senior Little's attendance to the annual Graduation Celebration, along with their Big and family
- $560 provides professional match support and coaching for one year
- $800 covers the cost to identify, recruit, and enroll one new Big into the program
- $1,500 supports a Big/Little match for one year