PIVOT IS BUILDING A NEW HEALTH CENTER
PIVOT is expanding to the commune of Antaretra! Funds are needed now for the construction of a new model health center that will provide a safe and dignified space for over one thousand patients a month to receive quality health care services. The commune’s existing facility has fallen into disrepair, and the Ministry of Health has given PIVOT the opportunity to break ground on a new structure. This new health center will be fully equipped and staffed to offer primary care services including deliveries, vaccinations, and treatment for the most urgent illnesses in the region, free of charge to the population.
Building the new Antaretra Health Center is a critical next step in our efforts to reduce widespread suffering and provide access to quality care in the region.
Mortality rates for children and mothers in this region of Madagascar are among the highest in the world. Children are suffering from malnutrition and common curable illnesses, and women are dying needless deaths related to lack of access to health services during childbearing years.
With your help, we can change this!
- Quality infrastructure outfitted with electricity and running water to provide a dignified space for patients to access care.
- A maternity ward that will support pregnant women and their infants thereby reducing the region's maternal and under-5 mortality rates.
- A pharmacy and supply chain that guarantees essential medicines and consumables are in stock to dispense to patients as needed.
- Sanitation and waste facilities to ensure the facility that is safe, clean, and promotes patient hygiene.
- Personnel housing to help assure that the health center is staffed to Ministry standards with well-trained doctors, nurses, midwives, and pharmacists.
Your donation of will go directly toward supporting the construction of the new Antaretra Health Center. Building this facility is a critical next step toward saving more lives in the region and creating a model health district that can be scaled throughout Madagascar.
Thank you for your support!