Laramie County Head Start (LCHS) is a program of Community Action of Laramie County, Inc. (CALC). A few facts about LCHS:
• LCHS has been serving the community since 1967, that’s 51 years!
• Pre-natal mothers and children birth to age 5 receive our services.
• Over 200 low-income and homeless children are enrolled annually.
• 2 of 3 daily meals, plus snacks, are served at Head Start.
We currently have a building under construction next to the Boys & Girls Club, which is slated for completion early August 2018. The costs of construction have exhausted our funds, therefore leaving the kitchen an incomplete shell. We need your help to raise the funds to complete the kitchen by summers end! Our goal is $330,000.00!
The kitchen is imperative as nutritious meals in early childhood directly impacts:
• Physical growth and development,
• Visual and cognitive development,
• Healthy immune system,
• Healthy body functions and,
• Age appropriate weight gain.
By donating to Community Action and Laramie County Head Start, you become a part of the children’s future and help to ensure a positive start which will have lasting and far reaching benefits in their lifespans.
We are reaching out to our community for donations to help reach this goal.
For more information regarding our fundraising efforts, please contact our office at (307) 635-9291.
OUR MISSION: Community Action of Laramie County is dedicated to eliminating poverty by empowering people through education, advocacy, crisis intervention, and by providing opportunities toward self-sufficiency.