Losing everything you have in a fire is devastating. Nearly 20 years ago, this happened to me. At the time I was a single mom to a 5 year old daughter. We were living in a mobile home at the time. The night the fire happened, we weren't at home, which I am so thankful for. It was storming that evening and late that night I got the call that the house was on fire. There was nothing left. All we had were the clothes we had on. The Red Cross was a big help afterwards. We got vouchers for clothes, etc. with the help from them and several other generous people and companies we were able to get back on our feet again.
The Red Cross helps so many people, please consider making a donation to help get smoke detectors in homes across the country. Thanks