The REFB is a cost effective investment in the community.
Last year the REFB:
· Spent 95% of every dollar directly on programs.
· Provided two meals in food to people facing hunger for every dollar donated.
· Served 82,000 people struggling with hunger, including children, seniors, families and individuals in need.
· Distributed 15.5 million pounds of healthy food, 55% of which was fresh produce.
· Roughly 1.2 million pounds of food was donated by Sonoma County-based growers, food retailers, and food manufacturers.
· Made hunger-relief resources more accessible with the launch of the REFB Food Plaza, a free, open air, weekend food market, offering fresh produce, proteins, and staple pantry items, as well as extended Food Connections office hours to meet the schedule needs of working families and individuals.
· Provided the food equivalent of 13.1 million meals, over 35,000 meals per day, to our neighbors in need.