Reconnect Rochester Inc wrote:
In its first season Rochester's Bike Share was a tremendous success with 7,800 people taking more than 22,000 bike rides. Many rode a bike for the first time in ages, and many added more cycling into their regular routines.
Maintaining a bike share system, however, is expensive. Each one of Rochester's 40+ bike stations requires a $9,000 annual sponsorship. Most are funded by large corporations, leaving poorer neighborhoods out of the network.
Last year Reconnect Rochester decided to fill the sponsorship gap in the Northeast Quadrant. With your help and individual donations (averaging $55 each) we raised enough money to place a station on Hudson Avenue at the Anthony Jordan Health Center (near R-Community Bikes). But this bike share station could cease to exist after July 1 unless we are able to raise funds for 2018.
We hope you will help us meet our goal again this year, so that even more Rochesterians—in ALL areas of our community—are able to experience the benefits of having easy and affordable access to bike transportation.
We are offering PERKS at the following levels...
- ALL DONORS will receive a Bike Rochester N.Y. sticker. You'll also be listed on Reconnect Rochester’s website as a thank you.
- Donate $20+ and receive a $10 bike share promo code for you AND $10 for a friend.
- Donate $40+ and receive a $25 bike share promo code for you AND $25 for a friend.
- Donate $75+ and receive a $50 bike share promo code for you AND $50 for a friend.
- Donate $200+ and receive a $100 bike share promo code for you AND $100 for a friend.
*If you'd prefer to decline your free gift, just add a note when you make your donation. If you make multiple donations, your perk level will be determined by the total amount you donated. Just make sure you use the same name when you make your donations.