Allowing kids — who 25 years ago wouldn’t have survived — the opportunity to not only live, but to thrive. That’s the change we’re making together.
Nearly 1 in 110 babies are born with congenital heart disease, making it the No. 1 birth defect in the country. And, it’s a diagnosis that requires lifelong care.
The Congenital Heart Center (CHC) at the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is one of the largest and best pediatric heart programs in the U.S. It is also an international referral center for kids with complex congenital heart disease.
Our center provides the most advanced care for infants, children and adolescents with all forms of heart disease, as well as for adults born with congenital heart defects. We aim to lead the way in giving kids with heart defects the best life possible by:
• Creating systems that allow congenital heart survivors to thrive
• Connecting heart centers across the country to establish standards of care
• Enabling more research and faster discoveries
• Providing personalized medicine
• Jumpstarting development of innovative devices and therapies
Our Congenital Heart Center is committed to advancing research, inspiring clinical innovation and providing assistance to families facing devastating heart conditions.
From February 7-14, 2018, we are conducting a campaign to raise awareness and funds for Save A Heart. Donations made during this time will support the areas with the most critical needs in our CHC. These contributions will help fund research to improve outcomes and quality of care for children, support innovation in care delivery, drive the development of new technologies and therapies, and offer financial aid and social work programs to families.
Our campaign will coincide with national Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week, which promotes education and understanding of congenital heart defects. By rallying public support, we can advance congenital heart care worldwide and give hope to young patients and their families.
Thanks to the generosity of the Charpie Family Foundation, all donations made during the campaign will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $30,000.
YOU CAN HELP
We hope you’ll consider joining the fight to give kids with heart defects the best life possible. You can get involved by:
Forming a team on this fundraising website
• Encourage your friends, family and colleagues to make donations and share the donation link.
Hosting an event or fundraising activity
• 5k race or walk
• Game night
• Jeans Fridays
• Jewelry sale
• Bake sale
• Birthday or anniversary party
• Other event or activity
Spreading the word
• Share information via social media. We are happy to work with you and your team to develop messaging.
• PURCHASE A SAVE A HEART T-SHIRT: Order your C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital Congenital Heart Center T-shirt and wear it proudly. mottchildren.org/chcshirts
TO PARTNER WITH US, CONTACT:
Office of Development