Hello to my wonderful friends, family, and colleagues!
I am asking you all for your help and support to save lives through The American Red Cross’ National Campaign, Sound The Alarm. Whatever you can give whether it’s time, networking, or funds will make a difference. For those of you who do not know me, my name is Kristee Lauro and I am passionate about this work. I’ve spent the past 5 years with The American Red Cross preparing communities for disasters and I LOVE what I do! The campaign I’m going to ask you to support has saved at least 332 lives that we know of since it started in 2014. This simple and effective campaign has also engaged tens of thousands of volunteers. Below I will discuss the campaign itself and what you can do to support it!
- Seven times a day someone in the US dies in a house fire, and more than 60% of fire deaths occur in homes without working smoke alarms.
- Sound the Alarm. Save a Life is a series of events taking place cross the US where the Red Cross is partnering with fire departments and community groups to install FREE smoke alarms, educate families about fire prevention, and map fire escape routes.
If you are able and willing to help please...
- Ensure your home is safe – PLEASE, MAKE a home fire escape plan (Want a free template? Here’s one!) (https://www.redcross.org/images/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m38640160_Home_Fire_Escape_Plan.pdf)
- TEST your smoke alarms monthly; replace the batteries if needed and the alarms themselves if they are over 10 years old. Need a new smoke alarm? Contact me and I will send one of our local Red Cross volunteers (or myself) to install as many as your home needs to make it safe- FOR FREE!
- Make a donation to the cause here (please)!
- Consider VOLUNTEERING to support your own local Red Cross teams as they install smoke alarms year round and work with families.
- Spread the word – make sure your loved ones have a plan and test their alarms, share my fundraising link, get a friend to sign up with you for an event, JOIN the Red Cross, reach out if you have any questions I’m more than happy to help!!!
A gift of any size will help the American red Cross prepare, respond, and help families recover from home fires. Your gift has the potential to save a life. Just $15 can cover the fire safety training and installation of 1 smoke alarm. Your support will also provide hope and urgent relief like food, shelter, and other essentials to people in their greatest time of need.
Please give what you can now and make a difference for those in urgent need!!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! - Kristee
American Red Cross New Jersey Region wrote:
Seven times a day someone in this country dies in a house fire and more than 60 percent of fire deaths occur in homes without working smoke alarms. As a first responder to these local tragedies, the Red Cross is working to improve the odds of survival by as much as 25 percent over the next few years.
Sound the Alarm. Save a Life is a recurring national event where Red Cross volunteers will be partnering with fire departments and community groups across the country to install FREE smoke alarms, educate families about fire prevention, and map fire escape routes. We have a goal to install 700 smoke alarms in TRENTON, NJ on Saturday, April 28 - Sunday, April 29. You can sign up to volunteer for the event at www.redcross.org/soundthealarmNJ
Your contribution to this effort helps prepare, respond, and help families recover from home fires. your gift can literally help save a life and provide hope and urgent relief, like food, shelter, and other essentials, to people in their time of greatest need. Please support this important effort and encourage your family and friends to join you. Just share the link to this page and let your circle of compassionate friends know why this cause is important to you. Thank you!