Your child has cancer…devastating words for any family. Childhood Cancer:
• Does not discriminate...sparing no ethnic group, socio-economic class or geographic region.
• Turns the entire family’s world upside down; the parents are suddenly forced to witness their child suffering while trying to take charge in a world that is out of their control.
• Has devastating financial consequences on a family as it is common for one parent to stop working.
• Impacts siblings, who may feel ignored and whose everyday lives are dramatically changed.
Until there’s a cure, there’s Sunrise Association:
• Sunrise Association offers the world’s only dedicated day camps for children with cancer and their siblings, year-round programs, and in-hospital recereational activities all free of charge.
• Our programs are a place where children share in activities with other kids who understand what they’re going through, they can experience the magic of childhood, and their parents have peace of mind.
Run for Sunrise so you can be the reason our children can say:
While I was there, I forgot I had to take medicine…they made me feel like a regular kid again.” Camper, Age 11
For more information on Sunrise Association or if you are interested in running, contact Elizabeth Urbanski at 516-634-4163 or email@example.com.