SURJ NYC is a proud supporter and partner of Communities United for Police Reform.
With CPR, our organization has been part of building a movement for justice and police accountability in NYC that has:
· Decreased reported stop-and-frisks in New York City by over 90%
· Won historic legislation and policies to increase police accountability and transparency, like the Community Safety Act in 2013, a statewide executive order creating a special prosecutor for police killings in 2015, and the Right to Know Act in 2017
· Educated tens of thousand of New Yorkers on their rights in police interactions
· Forced 2 of the officers who killed Ramarley Graham out of the NYPD
· Changed the public narrative on policing and what true community safety requires
CPR has won policy victories in the City Council and Albany, built community power to increase police accountability, and changed the public narrative on policing and safety in New York City. And we have big plans for 2019.
NYC needs CPR. Help support their work by making a donation today!